Wednesday 6 March 2013

Holy Chuck Burgers


I first discovered Holy Chuck’s on Yonge and St. Clair after leaving my Doctor’s office.  I used the old Urban Spoon app and was pleasantly surprised to find a cool looking burger joint down the street.  Being told my blood pressure was on the verge of becoming high didn’t stop me from trying the place, and this is one place that inspired me to write this blog.

They have the most interesting menu I’ve seen to date.  All gourmet style burgers including one with Foie Gras that goes for $28.  I could go over the list but I’ll let you adventure on it here http://holychuckburgers.com/our-menu/

This was the first time I ever wanted to order a veggie burger over meat.  They call it animal feed and it consists of panko crusted Portobello mushroom stuffed with feta & cream cheese, deep fried, topped with lettuce, tomato & lemon herb aioli.  But for the purposes of this blog I had to order meat and went with the Holy Chuck Burger (their signature) which is just a double cheeseburger with bacon and caramelized onions.  They tell you not to add anything and they’re right, this thing is amazing!  First of all this is the first time I`ve been asked how I`d like my meat (rare, med, well etc.)  I ordered medium and although it did seem a bit pink, this was the juiciest burger I`ve ever had!  Cheese was oozing and dripping everywhere, this was also one of the freshest burgers I`ve ever had.  The bun was extremely soft and soaked up all of the juices making it even better.  My only complaint is that the beef was a bit too pink for me, maybe I`ll order it medium-well next time.
The burger is definitely the star of the show

The fries were soft and short and well-seasoned.  They know that the burger is the star of the show and they don`t try to take the spotlight.

The last time I came here I ordered a lamb burger, but I was much more impressed with the beef burger this time around.  The location doesn`t have a great atmosphere and you won`t feel enticed to hang around. 
$16.75 for a burger, fries, and drink is a bit steep the burger alone is definitely worth it.

The Pros:
·         Juiciest burger
·         Great menu
·         Very fresh

The Cons:
·         Not the most inviting atmosphere
·         Fries were mediocre

Overall this is a great spot when it comes to the great burgers, and I`ll definitely need to try a fudge, bacon, sea salt milkshake next time. 
8.5/10



Holy Chuck on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Muhahaha spelling mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please point it out for me! I can't bear to read it over.

    ReplyDelete